- NEWSLETTERS & MINUTES
- Newsletter - Latest Edition
- Newsletter Archive
- Regular Meeting Minutes
- Special Meetings
- Work Sessions
- THIS YEAR'S SCHEDULE
- FIRE DEPARTMENT
- ZONING DEPARTMENT
- GOOD NEIGHBOR AWARD
- CONTACT US
This Week’s Meeting Minutes
At our township meetings, we keep detailed documentation of our meeting minutes for public viewing and download.Read More
Our Township has to keep the budget balanced and works hard to make sure every penny is spent effectively. Check…Read More
We are here to assist all residents, builders, commercial property owners, call our Zoning Office.
330 484-2501 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday - Friday
Stark Health Department: 330-493-9904
Stark Sanitary Engineer: 330-451-2303
Stark Building Department: 330-451-2370
We will take complaints from residents per following procedure:
- Complainant must leave name, address, & phone number
- Property address of nuisance.
- Anonymous complaints will not be prioritized and will be investigated when time allows.
Complaints regarding health issues, (septic, rodents, etc.) must be referred to the Stark county Health Department.
Zoning Director - Jon Smith
As the Zoning Director, he is responsible for the enforcement of the Canton Township Zoning Resolution. Some of his duties are: First, he is responsible for issuing all zoning permits and assuring the township that all permits are issued within the confines of the zoning resolution. Second, he is responsible for referring requests for variances to the resolution to the Board of Zoning Appeals. Thirdly, he is responsible for responding to all complaints of zoning violations. He will take the necessary actions to eliminate those violations. This could include conducting a nuisance hearing before the Township Trustees or referring such violations to Stark County Court of Common Pleas.
Office (330) 484-2501
Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Email Jon Smith: email@example.com
Zoning Secretary / Road - Chris Nadeau
The Zoning Secretary will assist with the overall process of Zoning Management for Canton Township by processing all application for zoning permits, issuing variance requests and controlling all supporting documentation. In doing this process the secretary will help the applicant with the process, and assure that all regulations and legal aspects of the position are followed. The Zoning Secretary serves as the secretary to both Zoning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Office (330) 484-2501
Office Hours: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Email Chris Nadeau: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning Forms On-Line:
Save yourself sometime but filling out your forms before coming to the Zoning Office.
- Application for Board of Zoning Appeals – Use to submit an appeal to the zoning inspector decision or request variances
- Agricultural Exemption - Agricultural Structures can be exempted from zoning permits, this form is kept on file to record the new structure is exempt
- Division of Property – Application used for dividing property creating new parcels
- Application for Zoning Permits – Permit required for all structures, pools, decks and accessory buildings
- Application for Zoning Changes – application for text or map changes to the Zoning Commission
- Application for Occupancy – Required for all business in Canton Township
- Application Sign Permit – All new and replacement signs to include portable signs
- Transient Vendor - Vendor Sales on business properties and door to door sales
Most Common Zoning Violations
- Trash and Debris
- No Trash Service
- Unsafe Structures
- Unlicensed / Dismantled Vehicles